For example, (D=DOWN, U=UP)
1st fold: D (side view: \/ )
2nd fold: DDU (side view: \_/\ )
3rd fold: DDUDDUU
4th fold: DDUDDUUDDDUUDUU
2nd fold: DDU (side view: \_/\ )
3rd fold: DDUDDUU
4th fold: DDUDDUUDDDUUDUU
We can also represent the number of down fold vertex found in that number of folds we made by this formula, 2^(n-1) wher n>=1.
(n= number of times the strip of paper is folded)
(n= number of times the strip of paper is folded)
1st fold: D=2^(1-1)= 1
2nd fold: D=2^(2-1)=2
3rd fold: D=2^(3-1)=4
4th fold: D=2^(4-1)=8
5th fold: D=2^(5-1)=16
(It is noted that he pattern is the representation of binary number system (base 2 system) where each fold represents the bits and the number of Ds represent the maximum value that bit can hold.)
I spent some time on the codes, the handout mentions the swapping between red, blue and green.
(check-expect (rotate-red-blue-green c)
(make-color
(color-green c)
(color-blue c)
(color-red c)
(color-alpha c)))
;
(define (rotate-red-blue-green col)
Somehow I still found it pretty hard to relate the color change from the codes. I've assumed that
- pic's red intensity --> assigned green intensity
- pic's green intensity --> assigned blue intensity
- pic's blue intensity --> assigned red intensity
It's bad that I got this after writing the quiz (if the above is correct).
No comments:
Post a Comment