To start the Wikipeadia Project, I have registered an account (user: Tiffanylo1202) and looked up some small projects needing work on Wikipedia. I have picked three Wikipedia articles to work on, these are the links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_Abe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_the_Girls_(1965_film)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeong-gam
I am asked to translate and improve the work of these articles.
2. Devising a Plan
I have selected to three articles to translate; from the codes, I have noticed that the articles are roughly translated from Japanese, Korean and Greek to English. In order to edit the articles properly and enhance its quality and fluency, it is better for me to reword the translations and use dictionaries as a tool.
Before I help out with translating the articles, I should check whether the articles are mere copies of an article in a foreign-language Wikipedia. If any of them is a mere copy, I will just tag it with {{db-foreign}} to add it to “Wikipedia: Candidates for speedy deletion”.
When I start translating the articles, I should be aware that the translations are written in Manual of style (MOS) and keeping the writing clear and concise.
I have also noticed that I might somehow contribute by adding a translation from the original translation to another foreign language at a Wikipedia in that foreign language after the translation. Besides, it might also be great to become a part of “Wikipedia’s effort to coordinate across different languages”.
3. Carrying out the Plan
I have started working on the articles. I used different electronic resources/tools to understand the original texts of the articles. To be more accurate, I looked up the references and added more related information to the articles with proper translation. I as well deleted some false statements from the articles.
4. Looking back
After I have got these three articles altered, I read and went through the articles again in order to ensure the language is translated properly and there is no more mistakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment